I've had some time to cool off.... clearly.
I got up early specifically to package this gift & get it to the depot before the pick-up time. We live in the boonies, remember, so I had called the toll-free # to find out where I could send this without having to drive all the way into the city & back (a trip that takes about 3 hours).
I was connected (FINALLY) to someone in the Philippines.
With a heavy accent.
The kind of accent so thick that it is almost impossible to understand what the f* he was saying.
Gotdangit. Why? Why do these companies outsource to places that hire people who cannot speak English clearly... to speak to people who speak (wait for it) English.
I can only imagine WTH one of these folks sounds like when they attempt French. As in, French Canadian. Because we have 2 official languages in Canada.
OutsourceMan told me to go to a business in a town 30 miles away....... she is NOT a depot, just a customer with an account... and no courier service scheduled this week. Dammit. By the time I tried somewhere else, asked around, got more shitty non-information, went home (I don't carry a cellphone) & called Purolator again (Glory hallelujah! This time a REAL person answered!) & sorted out where I could go (in a whole DIFFERENT town), went there & back, the entire morning was gone. Poof.
They said it would be delivered Monday; I have little to no faith at this point that it will be so.
A similar experience in 2015 when attempting to make a catalogue purchase from Sears CANADA... The gentleman exclaimed how I was making my purchase just in time for Thanksgiving! I asked him where he was in the world; he was in the Philippines... Of course he was.
I explained to him that I was calling from Canada (as in, Sears.ca), & we celebrate Thanksgiving in October.
Dead silence from the other end.
"If you can be patient in one moment of anger, you will escape 100 days of sorrow." ~Chinese proverb
I've repeated that in my head about 80 times today; evidently I need to make it my mantra until Slipper has her gift in hand.
Whenever that is.
*Porky Goodness Give-Away*
The Prize Package!!
Assorted pig-related treasures including:
#1. Adorable little pile o' piggies
#2. Set of Happy Piggie oven mitts
#3. Piggie Adult Colouring Book
#4. When Pigs Fly duck tape
How to Enter:
- Share WITWIK by linking to the url: www.where-in-the-world-is-kaydance.jigsy.com
- Either link to a bit of text (e.g. WITWIK), OR
- Link by 1st capturing a WITWIK banner (banners & instructions below)
- On your blog somehow, even just WITWIK counts
- ANY social media share counts as an entry; multiple shares = multiple entries.
- Even if you share only one time(!), that still counts as a Porky Goodness Give-Away entry.
- Once shared, please let me know in the comments
- Every separate share is an additional contest entry.
- Entry closing date 01/20/17; Winner announced 01/21/17